APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND DEADLINE
Students who have completed a four-year Bachelor's degree (or International equivalent) may apply for a Viterbi Engineering PhD program. (Some programs may give preference to applicants with a Master's degree.)
The Fall application deadline with funding consideration is December 15th.
- Application for Graduate Admission
- Application Fee payment
- Transcript Request - Bachelor's Degree Granting Institution, with transcripts attached, from the institution at which you earned (or will earn) your Bachelor's degree (or International equivalent)
- Transcript Requests for ALL other colleges attended
- A report of your scores on the GRE General Test sent by ETS to USC
- International Applicants:
- A photocopy of the first two pages of your passport.
- A report of your scores on the TOEFL sent by ETS to USC.
- Required official copies of materials from non-U.S. schools vary from country to country. More information is available on the Graduate & International Admissions office webpages.
- The International Students Confidential Financial Statement of Support. (If you plan to bring family members with you, be certain to complete that section of the form.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (ideally from faculty members that can address both your academic excellence and research experience)
- Statement of Purpose
- Any additional supplemental application materials that may be required by the department.
Please refer to the department websites for more information.