VITERBI NEWSWIRE - August 19, 2008
The beginning of the Fall Semester is just around the corner, but summer hasn't been all vacation at the Viterbi School of Engineering.
Here are some highlights.
- ECA funds Mork Department natural Gas extraction research
- Alan Willner and Hsieh Department grad student win HP Innovation Research Award
- Viterbi School specialists apply Viterbi algorithm to quantum communication
- BME faculty team with physicians in $2.4 million sickle cell anemia research effort
- ISI Experts will structure data for major national study of epidemiological genetics
- Hsieh Department's Vijay Kumar wins "Best Algorithm" Award at Sensornet Conference
- Yong Chen brings best paper back to Epstein Department from ASME gathering
- Viterbi computer science student: BS, 2007; Olympic gold 2008
- Postcards from Rome: Students share their impressions of the eternal city
- IIT Kharagpur visitors will take fond L.A. memories back to India
- Viterbi MESA summer program polishes K-12 science teacher skills
IN THE NEWS:
- Q&A with Mork Department's Priya Vashishta on technical education and national defense.