- Log in by clicking on the Login link in the upper right-hand corner and entering in your login information. If you are not a registered user, please contact Jason Dziegielewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on Create Event.
- Select the type of event you would like to create.
- Fill out the starred fields and select a calendar to add the event to.
- Click Submit.
- Navigate to your event (click on the appropriate day in the calendar).
- Click on the green pencil icon in the corner of the event box.
- Complete edits and click Submit to save.
- Click on the red X in the upper right-hand corner of the event posting.
- A prompt will pop up asking if you are sure you want to delete your post. Click OK to delete your event permanently.
* In the dropdown menu that says "- all calendars -" by default, different categories of events can be selected. (ex. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, VSoE Student Organizations, etc.) Clicking the iCal icon when displaying only events from one category will automatically import only those related events.
* Note that you must be logged out to see the icons mentioned in this tutorial.
For all platforms, step one is as follows:
- Right click on the small iCal feed icon in the upper-right hand corner and select Copy Link Address.
Select the application into which you would like to import USC Viterbi events:
- Click on the Add dropdown (in the lower left corner in the classic Google Calendar view screenshot) and by clicking on the downward pointing arrow in the new view.
- Select Add by URL.
- Paste the URL that you copied earlier into the text box.
- Click on Add Calendar.
- Open iCal.
- Go to Calendar > Subscribe…, paste the URL into the text box, and click Subscribe.
- Click on Open Calendar and select From Internet...
- Paste the copied URL into the text field and click OK.
- A confirmation window wil pop up. Click Yes.
- Your calendar should be displayed in the left-hand column under Other Calendars as USC Viterbi Calendar
- Open Microsoft Outlook. Under File, go to Data File Management...
- Click on the Internet Calendars tab.
- Click on New...
- Paste the URL into the box
- Rename the calendar in the Folder Name: text field.
- Click OK.
Importing Specific Events:
- To add specific events, click on the corresponding button at the bottom of the event summary.