Professor of Computer Science
- Doctoral Degree, Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Master's Degree, Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Dennis McLeod is currently Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California, and Director of the Semantic Information Research Laboratory. He received his Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. degrees in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from MIT. Dr. McLeod has published widely in the areas of data and knowledge base systems, federated databases, database models and design, ontologies, knowledge discovery, scientific data management, information trust and privacy, and multimedia information management.
Professor McLeod's current research focuses on: structured domain ontologies; semantic web; database semantic heterogeneity resolution and inter-database correlation; personalized information management and customization; information management environments for Earth, marine, and climate science; the architecture of data centers providing massive storage via virtualization and data clouds; social networking information management and information trust; and service-based information access and delivery frameworks.
- 1997 USC Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2005 NASA Certificate of Recognition for Technical Innovation
- 2007 NASA Research Innovation Award
- 2008 NASA Certificate of Outstanding Innovative Research
- 2008 ACM Best Paper Award - ACM SAC 2008
- 2013 NASA NASA Software of the Year Award
Return to Faculty Directory