Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- 1970, PhD, Electrical Engineering, Univ Rochester
- 1962, Other, Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Lisbon
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, 1970, U. of Rochester, Rochester, NY.
Nanorobotics, nanotechnology, sensor/actuator networks, robotics and automation, swarm robotics, 3-D geometric modeling, computer graphics, artificial intelligence.
- - Graduate and Undergraduate School Awards
- - Marquis and others Who's Who
- 1990 Several Fellow of Professional and Honorary Societies
- 1993 IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications Best Paper Award
- 1995 ASME Best Paper Award
- 2006 Thomson's ISI Web of Knowledge Highly cited researcher
- 2006 USC Viterbi School of Engineering Senior Research Award
- 2007 Solid Modeling Association Pierre Bézier Award
- 2008 IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Pioneer in Robotics and Automation Award
Return to Faculty Directory