Gordon Marshall Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering-Systems, and Civil and Environmental Engineering
Requicha is the founding director of the USC Viterbi Laboratory for Molecular Robotics and is known for his pioneering work in nanotechnology. Prior to his nanotechnology research, he helped develop the solid modeling technology widely used in industry, where it has replaced traditional drafting and enabled large improvements in productivity and cost.
He received the Engenheiro Electrotécnico degree from the Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal and his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of Rochester.
Nanorobotics, nanotechnology, sensor/actuator networks, robotics and automation, swarm robotics, 3-D geometric modeling, computer graphics, artificial intelligence.
- - Graduate and Undergraduate School Awards
- - Marquis and others Who's Who
- 1990 Several Fellow of Professional and Honorary Societies
- 1993 IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications Best Paper Award
- 1995 ASME Best Paper Award
- 2006 Thomson's ISI Web of Knowledge Highly cited researcher
- 2006 USC Viterbi School of Engineering Senior Research Award
- 2007 Solid Modeling Association Pierre Bézier Award
- 2008 IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Pioneer in Robotics and Automation Award
Return to Faculty Directory