CCI Seminar: Karan Motwani (Starbucks Coffee Company) – Developing Blockchain Solutions Beyond Cryptocurrency
Thu, Apr 26, 2018 @ 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
Thomas Lord Department of Computer Science
Conferences, Lectures, & Seminars
Speaker: Karan Motwani, Starbucks Coffee Company
Talk Title: Developing Blockchain Solutions Beyond Cryptocurrency
Series: USC Center for Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet of Things Seminar Series
Abstract: Talk will cover:
- Fundamentals of Blockchain -“ highlights key differences between few Blockchain platforms.
- Considerations when developing Blockchain solutions with emphasis on Ethereum
- Components required to deploy a fully functioning Blockchain solution
- Evaluating use cases which can benefit from Blockchain implementation
- Challenges around Blockchain technology and its future ahead.
This lecture satisfies requirements for CSCI 591: Research Colloquium
Biography: Karan Motwani is an IT Leader with 17+ years of experience in consulting, architecture, engineering, and strategic leadership roles. He has worked with companies from Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East and the United States on supply chain and finance solutions. From this experience, he brings an entrepreneurial perspective, and an ability to work across business and engineering on Blockchain application to Supply chain and Finance scenarios.
Host: Bhaskar Krishnamachari
Audiences: Everyone Is Invited
Contact: Computer Science Department