Adjunct Research Professor of Electrical Engineering - Systems
- Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, Politecnico di Torino
- Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Politecnico di Torino
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, 1994, Politencnico di Torino.
Giuseppe Caire was born in Torino, Italy, in 1965. He received the B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Politecnico di Torino (Italy), in 1990, the M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University in 1992 and the Ph.D. from Politecnico di Torino in 1994. He was a recipient of the AEI G.Someda Scholarship in 1991, he was with the European Space Agency (ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands) in 1994-1995 as research staff and, as research fellow, Princeton University in 1997 and Sydney University in summer 2000.
Giuseppe Caire has been assistant professor in Telecommunications at the Politecnico di Torino in 1995-1997, associate professor at the University of Parma, Italy, in 1997-1998 and professor at the Eurecom Institute, Sophia-Antipolis, France, in 1998-2005. He joined the EE Department of the Viterbi School of Engineering, USC, in August 2005.
He served as Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Communications in 1998-2001 and as Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Information Theory in 2001-2003. He received the Jack Neubauer Best System Paper Award from the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society in 2003, and the Joint Information Theory/Communications Society Best Paper Award in 2004. He was elected in the Board of Governors of the IEEE Information Theory Society in 2004 and was elected IEEE Fellow in 2005.
His current interests are in the field of communications theory, information theory and coding theory with particular focus on wireless applications.
- - Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany Alexander von Humboldt Professorship - International Award for Research in Germany
- 1991 AEI (Italian Electrical Engineering Association) G. Someda Fellowship
- 1994 European Space Agency Young Graduate Trainee Scholarship
- 1996 Fellowship of the Co.Tr.A.O. (Communot
- 1997 Fellowship of the CNR (Italian \National Research Council")
- 1999 William Girling Watson fellowship
- 2003 IEEE IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Jack Neubauer Best System Paper Award
- 2004 EUSIPCO Young Authors Award
- 2004 IEEE Information Theory and IEEE Communications Societies Joint best paper award of the IEEE Information Theory and Communications Societies
- 2005 IEEE Informaiton theory society Fellow of Professional Society
- 2006 Okawa Foundation Research Award
- 2011 IEEE Information Theory and IEEE Communications Societies Joint best paper award of the IEEE Information Theory and Communications Societies