Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering-Electrophysics
- 2006, PhD, Electrical Engineering, UC - Berkeley
- 2002, Masters, Electrical Engineering, UC - Berkeley
- 1998, Bachelors, Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, 2006, University of California, Berkeley.
Mike Shuo-Wei Chen received his B.S. degree from National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan in 1998. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley in 2002 and 2006, respectively. From 2001-2006, he was a member of the Berkeley Wireless Research Center, working on low-power and high-speed data converters, Ultra-wideband communication system design, digital baseband processors and digital ASIC implementation. From 2006-2010, he was with Atheros Communications working on mixed-signal and RF circuits for various wireless and wireline communication systems.
Dr. Chen achieved an honorable mention in the Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiad in 1994. He was the recipient of UC Regents' Fellowship at Berkeley in 2000 and the Analog Devices Outstanding Student Award in 2006.
Analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits, digital signal processing techniques to alleviate circuit and system constraints, wireless and wireline communication system design and implementation, circuits for emerging applications, such as biomedical, energy and sensor network related topics
- 2000 Ministry of Education of China Certificate for Excellent Doctoral Thesis of Universities and Research Institutions of China
- 2000 Ministry of Health of China First‐grade Award for Science and Technology Progress by Ministry of Health of China (shared with 9 colleagues)
- 2004 Chinese Pharmaceutical Association Servier Young Investigator Award in Medicinal Chemistry