Professor of Industrial and Industrial and Systems Engineering and Spatial Sciences
- 1992, PhD, Industrial Engineering, UC - Berkeley
- 1987, Masters, Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
- 1984, Bachelors, Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
Dr. Dessouky received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University in 1984 and 1987, respectively. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from the University of California at Berkeley in 1992.
His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, PATH, Caltrans, FTA, and Department of Defense. He was recipient of the 2007 Transportation Science & Logistics Best Paper Prize ("Optimal Slack Time for Schedule-Based Transit Operations"). He is a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers. Dr. Dessouky was a recipient of IIE Operations Research Division Excellence in Teaching Award, the USC Associates Award in Teaching (Top University Award for Teaching), Alpha Pi Mu/Omega Rho Outstanding Teacher of the Year in Industrial Systems Engineering, the USC Award for Excellence in Teaching, and the TRW School of Engineering Teacher Award. He is area/associate editor of Computers & Industrial Engineering, IIE Transactions, and Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, on the editorial board of Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, and previously served as Area Editor of ACM Transactions of Modelling and Computer Simulation and
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Supply chain and logistics
- Transportation systems
- Operations research applications
- 2007 Transportation Science & Logistics Society, INFORMS 2007 Transportation Science & Logistics Best Paper Prize
- 2007 IIE Operations Research: Teaching Award
- 2008 Institute of Industrial Engineers Fellow
- 2011 Alpha Pi Mu/Omega Rho Outstanding Teacher of the Year
- 2011 Orange County Engineering Council Outstanding Engineering Educator Award
Return to Faculty Directory