Research Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- 2013, Associates, Distributed Systems, INSA-Lyon
Rafael Ferreira da Silva is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at University of Southern California, and a Computer Scientist in the Science Automation Technologies (SciTech) group at the USC Information Sciences Institute. His research focuses on the efficient execution of scientific workflows on heterogeneous distributed systems (e.g., clouds, grids, and supercomputers), computational reproducibility, and Data Science – workflow performance analysis, user behavior in HPC/HTC, and citation analysis (for publications). Dr. Ferreira da Silva received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from INSA-Lyon, France, in 2013.
- Cloud Computing, Grid Computing, HPC, Scalability
- Resource Provisioning, Scheduling, Optimization, Fault-tolerance, Modeling
- Simulation, Modeling, Reproducible Results, Data Preservation
- Workload Trace Analysis, User Behavior, Citation Analysis