Research Associate Professor of Computer Science
- 2000, PhD, Physics, Univ Utah
- 1995, Bachelors, Physics, Yerevan State Med Inst Mkhitara Hera
Aram Galstyan is a Research Director for Data Science and Machine Learning at the Information Sciences Institute and a Research Associate Professor in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering's Computer Science Department. His current research focuses on different aspects of machine learning, with applications in computational social sciences, forecasting, and bioinfoamtics. His other research interests include ststiatical phsycis of learning and inference, modeling of complex adaptive systems, and learning and adaptation in multi-agent systems.
His current research focuses on statistical mechanics based approaches to inference and learning, statistical models of complex networks, and social network analysis. His other research interests include mathematical modeling of complex adaptive systems, emergent coordination in robotic swarms, and learning and adaptation in multi-agent systems.
- 2000 American Physical Society Exceptional Student Presentation Award
- 2003 Information Sciences Institute Intelligent Systems Division Research Award
- 2005 Information Sciences Institute Intelligent Systems Division Research Award
- 2011 27th Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence Best Paper runner-up
Return to Faculty Directory