Research Professor, Director, Knowledge Technologies
- 1992, PhD, Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University
- 1989, Masters, Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- 1989, Other, Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University
- 1985, Bachelors, Computer Science, Non USA University
- 1985, Other, Computer Science, Politechnic University of Madrid
Dr. Yolanda Gil is Associate Division Director at the Information Sciences Institute of the University of Southern California, and Research Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department. She received her M.S. and Ph. D. degrees in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University. Dr. Gil leads a group that conducts research on various aspects of Interactive Knowledge Capture. Her research interests include intelligent user interfaces, knowledge-rich problem solving, scientific and grid computing, and the semantic web. An area of recent interest is large-scale distributed data analysis through knowledge-rich computational workflows. Dr. Gil was Program Chair of the Intelligence User Interfaces (IUI) Conference in 2002, was co-founder and co-chair of the First International Conference on Knowledge Capture (K-CAP) in 2001, and was program co-chair of the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) in 2005. She was elected to the Council of the American Association of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), and was program co-chair of the AAAI conference in 2006. She serves in the Advisory Committee of the Computer Science and Engineering Directorate of the National Science Foundation.
Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent User Interfaces, Knowledge Systems, Interactive Knowledge Capture, Distributed Systems, Workflows, Scientific Computing, Semantic Web.
- 1996 ISI Teaching Fellowship
- 1996 Rome Laboratory Planning Initiative Award from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- 1998 USC/ISI Meritorious Service Award
- 2001 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces Best Paper Award
- 2003 American Association of Artificial Intelligence Elected Council of the AAAI
- 2008 National Science Foundation Invited member to Advisory Council of the NSF CISE directorate
- 2010 ACM Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence Elected Chair of ACM SIGART
Return to Faculty Directory