Ming Hsieh Faculty Fellow in Electrical Engineering-Electrophysics and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2001, Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology
- 1999, Master's Degree, Electronics Engineering, Sharif University Of Technology
- 1997, Bachelor's Degree, Electronics Engineering, Sharif University Of Technology
- Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology
Hossein Hashemi received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electronics engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran in 1997 and 1999, respectively, and the M.S. and Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena, CA in 2001 and 2003, respectively.
In 2003, he joined the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, where he is currently a Professor, Ming Hsieh Faculty Fellow, and Co-Director of the Ming Hsieh Institute. His research interests include electrical and optical integrated systems.
Dr. Hashemi currently serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits and a Technical Program Committee member for the IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC) Symposium. He was a Distinguished Lecturer for the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society (2013-14), member of the Technical Program Committees for the IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) (2011-2015) and the IEEE Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Symposium (CSICS) (2012-2014), a Guest Editor of the IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits (October 2013 & December 2013), and an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems Part I: Regular Papers (2006-2007) and the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems Part II: Express Briefs (2004-2005). He was the recipient of the 2008 Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award, the National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award, and the USC Viterbi School of Engineering Junior Faculty Research Award (2008). He was recognized as a Distinguished Scholar for the Outstanding Achievement in Advancement of Engineering by the Association of Professors and Scholars of Iranian Heritage (2011). He was a corecipient of the 2004 IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits Best Paper Award and the 2007 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) Lewis Winner Award for Outstanding Paper.
Dr. Hashemi is the cofounder and chief technology officer of Abtum Inc., a USC start-up company focusing on commercializing radiofrequency frontend components.
Radio Frequency, Microwave, and Millimeter-Wave Integrated Circuits & Systems
Photonic Integrated Circuits & Systems
Hossein Hashemi Research Summary:
- 2016 Nokia Bell Labs 2016 First Place Winner, Nokia Bell Labs Prize
- 2015 IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) Outstanding Young Engineer Award
- 2011 Association of Professors and Scholars of Iranian Heritage Distinguished Scholar
- 2009 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- 2008 IEEE Senior Member
- 2008 USC Viterbi School of Engineering Junior Faculty Research Award
- 2008 DARPA Young Faculty Award
- 2007 IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) Lewis Winner Award for Outstanding Paper
- 2006 IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits Best Paper Award
- 2004 Charles Lee Powell Foundation Research Award
- 2003 Association of Professors and Scholars of Iranian Heritage Young Scholar Award
- 2002 Intel Foundation Graduate Fellowship Award
- 2001 Analog Devices Outstanding Student Designer Award
- 2000 von Brimer foundation Outstanding Accomplishment Award
- 2000 California Institute of Technology Ranked first in Ph.D. EE qualifying exam
- 1999 California Institute of Technology Engineering and Applied Science Division Fellowship
- 1993 Ninth place out of 300,000 in national qualifying exam for undergraduate studies