Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2018, Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California - Berkeley
Yasser Khan joined the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Southern California as an Assistant Professor in 2022. He received his B.S. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas at Dallas and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, respectively. Yasser completed his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences from the University of California, Berkeley in 2018. Before joining USC, he was a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Stanford University.
As an expert in flexible and stretchable electronics, he published over 40 research publications in the most reputed platforms in the field, which were highlighted by BBC News, Wall Street Journal, NSF News, and attracted over $2 million in research funding.
Yasser’s research focuses on additive manufacturing and hardware AI to produce skin-like wearables, implantables, and ingestibles. These medical devices are being used for precision health and psychiatry.
- 2023 Google Google Research Award
- 2018 FlexTech Best Poster Award, Flex 2018 Conference, Monterey, CA, USA
- 2017 SRC Best Project Award, SONIC SRC Meeting, Urbana, IL
- 2015 MRS Best Oral Presentation Award, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, USA
- 2014 SRC Best Poster Award, NASCENT SRC Meeting, UT Austin, TX
- 2013 UC Berkeley EECS Departmental Fellowship
- 2011 KAUST Academic Excellence Award
- 2010 KAUST Discovery Scholarship
- 2010 UT Dallas Dean’s List, All Semesters, Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- 2010 KAUST Graduate Fellowship
- 2010 KAUST Provost Award
- 2008 UT Dallas Academic Excellence Scholarship
Return to Faculty Directory