Kenneth T. Norris Professor in Engineering and Professor of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and Biomedical Engineering
- 1971, PhD, Physics, California Institute of Technology
- 1968, Masters, Physics, University of Lucknow and the Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur) in India
- 1966, Bachelors
Dr. Madhukar received his BSc (1966) and MSc (Physics, 1968) degrees respectively, from the University of Lucknow and the Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur) in India. He received his Ph.D. in Materials Science and Physics in 1971 from the California Institute of Technology. Before coming to USC in 1976, Dr. Madhukar was a Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the Thomas J. Watson Research Center of the IBM Corporation and a Research Associate at the James Frank Institute of the University of Chicago. Dr. Madhukar was an Alfred P. Sloan Fellow (1977-81), received three NASA Certificates of Recognition (1981, 1982, 1986) for his research in Si/SiO2 interfaces and compound semiconductor MBE, Outstanding Research Award of the USC School of Engineering in 1988, and the DARPA (ETO) award for Sustained Excellence, 1997 (given to a multidisciplinary team led by Dr. Madhukar). He is the founding President of the Southern California chapter of the Materials Research Society, a member of the New York Academy of Sciences, and Fellow of the American Physical Society.
Anupam Madhukar examines fundamental and applied issues relating to growth, in-situ processing, and characterization of III-V semiconductor based ultrathin multilayered structures (i.e., quantum wells, super- lattices, etc.) and nanostructures (quantum wires and boxes) of relevance to electronics and optoelectronics.
- 2003 American Physical Society Fellow
- 2004 DoD & NSF Member, National Nanotechnology Initiative Panel on Nanoelectronics, Nanophotonics, Nanomagnetics, 2004
- 2005 Department of Energy Member & Sub-Committee Co-Chair, National Workshop on Solar Energy, 2005
- 2009 Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, Medicine Member, Editorial Board
- 2009 Department of Energy Member, First ARPA-E Review Panel on Solar Energy
- 2010 International Renewable Energy Conference, Delhi, India Invited Panelist
- 2010 Mathematical & Physical Sciences Division, National Science Foundation Member, Advisory Committee on Sustainable Energy & Environment
Return to Faculty Directory