Gabilan Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- 2019, Doctoral Degree, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- 2017, Master's Degree, Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- 2013, Master's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology
- 2011, Bachelor's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology
Ameneh (Neda) Maghsoodi joined USC as a Gabilan Assistant Professor in the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering in January 2023. Neda pursued her postdoctoral research at the California Institute of Technology, Department of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (2021-2022) and Harvard University, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology (2019-2020). She received her Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (2019) and M.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering (2017) from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. Neda also earned her M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from AmirKabir University of Technology (2013) and B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Isfahan University of Technology (2011).
Neda Maghsoodi’s research lies at the interface of continuum mechanics/dynamics, materials science, and biology. Neda's research group will use a combination of theory, experiment, and simulation to address questions in two coupled areas:
1) To investigate the dynamics of soft biological systems at a broad range of time and length scales,
2) To develop novel applications of soft engineered materials in medicine and engineering.
Research areas: Solid mechanics; Multiscale bio-dynamics; Soft materials; Bio-solid mechanics in medicine and biology; Bio-inspiration.
- 2022 WiSE Gabilan Assistant Professorship, USC
- 2020 Rising Star in Mechanical Engineering, UC-Berkeley
- 2018 Rackham Graduate Research Grant, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- 2016 Best Paper Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- 2015 Rackham Graduate Research Fellowship, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- 2012 Best B.Sc. Thesis of the Year, Iranian Society of Acoustics and Vibration
Return to Faculty Directory