Adjunct Research Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Dr. Ordonez studied Mathematical Civil Engineering at the University of Chile, receiving his Engineering title in 1997. He received is Ph.D. in Operations Research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2002.
Dr. Ordonez worked for two years as a Research Engineer for the electric utility company ENDESA (Chile).
* Convex Optimization
* Condition number theory, its relevance to complexity of optimization, sensitivity analysis, and practical predictive power.
* Algorithms, high performance computing, and robust optimization.
* Applications of optimization: Pattern recognition, energy production planning, structural design
- 2009 International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2009) Best Paper AAMAS 2009 Industry Track
- 2009 Los Angeles World Airport Police Commendation for Service
- 2005 Best Paper
- 2005 Other Awards
Return to Faculty Directory