Associate Professor of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Computer Science, University of California - San Diego
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California - Berkeley
Barath Raghavan received his PhD in Computer Science from UC San Diego in 2009 and his BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UC Berkeley in 2002. Before joining USC in 2018, he split his time between industry and academia working on a wide range of projects in core Computer Science areas such as computer networking, security, and distributed systems and on socially-focused topics such as rural Internet access and sustainable agriculture.
Dr. Raghavan's research has focused on a wide range of topics in systems and networking, including network protocol design, congestion control, network security, datacenter networking, high-performance networking, wide-area networking, wireless networking. In addition, he has pursued research on a number of socially-focused topics such as rural Internet access, energy efficiency, and computing for sustainable agriculture.
- 2018 VMware VMware Early Career Faculty Award
- 2017 ACM CHI Best Paper Honorable Mention
- 2015 ACM DEV Best Paper
- 2013 IRTF Applied Networking Research Prize
- 2011 Google Excellent Paper in Networks
- 2011 ACM SIGCOMM Green Networking Best Paper
- 2007 ACM SIGCOMM Best Student Paper
- 2006 UC San Diego Woolley Graduate Leadership Fellowship
- 2004 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2002 UC Berkeley Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor
Return to Faculty Directory