Adjunct Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering Practice
- 1995, Master's Degree, Transportation, University of California - Irvine
- 1993, Bachelor's Degree, Civil Engineering, University of California - Irvine
Eric Shen is the Director of Capital Projects in the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments. He is responsible for planning and implementing a wide spectrum of capital projects throughout the San Gabriel Valley. He administers the on-going Alameda Corridor East (ACE) program related professional services and construction management. Eric is a registered Professional Engineer in Alabama and California (Civil), a Professional Transportation Planner (PTP), and a Certified Port Executive (CPE™).
Eric joined the Viterbi School of Engineering as an industry lecturer in 2008, after having had lectured at the School of Engineering in UC Irvine and UCLA for 10 years. Eric was appointed to Adjunct Associate Professor, Civil Engineering & Environmental Engineering Practice in 2017. He regularly teaches Traffic Engineering & Control (CE585) and Transportation Studio (PPD531) in the School of Sol Price Public Policy.
- 2020 honor issuerGreater Los Angeles Area Council, Boy Scouts of America Silver Beaver Award - Class 2019
- 2018 WTS-LA Honorable Ray LaHood Award 2018
- 2015 University of California, Irvine Samueli School of Engineering Hall of Fame
- 2015 Orange County Engineering Council Outstanding Engineering Educator Award
- 2013 Institute of Transportation Engineers Western District Outstanding Transportation Educator Award
- 2003 Alumni Association, University of California, Irvine UCI Lauds and Laurels - Distinguished Engineering Alumnus Award
- 1992 Chi Epsilon Chi Epsilon, National Civil Engineering Honor Society
- 1992 Tau Beta Pi Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
Return to Faculty Directory