Tue, Oct 05, 2021 @ 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM
Viterbi School of Engineering Career Connections
Workshops & Infosessions
Join the EnCorps STEM Teachers Program for a virtual Trojan Talk about pathways into teaching middle and high school, as well as other ways to be involved in ensuring all students receive an equitable education in California.
RSVP here: https://usc.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAude6vpjMrHNED43IREuBNG00wPVhcPMzf
The EnCorps Trojan talk is open to all graduate level students with 1 year of science, tech, engineering, math or research professional experience. The Fellowship is an unpaid opportunity, and within 9 months-2 years you can be hired as a credentialed teacher.
EnCorps is unable to offer Visa sponsorship.
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Program empowers STEM industry experts to transform public education by exploring teaching in high needs schools. The STEM Teaching Fellowship allows STEM professionals to explore teaching middle or high school in a low risk, highly supported way. Fellows will see teaching first-hand as a volunteer guest teacher before pursuing a teaching credential/license/certification and getting hired as a teacher. Along the way, Fellows are supported with training, coaching and a cohort of peers.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- The STEM achievement, access and literacy gaps in high needs schools.
- How you can directly impact the next generation of innovators, scientists and engineers, and are uniquely positioned to transform public STEM education.
- EnCorps' Fellowship details - our cohort-based program model and timelines.
- EnCorps' current locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, SF Bay Area, Denver and New York City.
- EnCorps application process and selection criteria.
- Next steps for interested candidates.
Do your part to ensure all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, have a strong STEM foundation to help them navigate an increasingly complex world.
For more information, log into Viterbi Career Gateway:
Audiences: Everyone Is Invited
Contact: RTH 218 Viterbi Career Connections