All faculty and staff at USC have a USC Email account. It is a web based system that uses your USC NetID login credentials to access. At Viterbi, it is the primary email system used by faculty. It is recommended that Viterbi staff forward their USC email to their Viterbi Exchange email account.
Accessing USC Email
USC Email uses your USC NetID login credentials. You can activate your USC account at: http://www.usc.edu/firstlogin. It is during this process that you will be given your USC username and you can select a password. See below if you have forgotten your password.
Access USC email as follows:
Username: The part of your USC email address to the left to the @ symbol.
Password: Set by you during account activation.
If you have forgotten your USC password or username, please contact ITS at (213) 740-5555.
Forwarding Your USC Web Mail to Another Address
If you wish to forward your USC Web Mail e-mail to another e-mail address, please follow these steps:
1. Logon to USC Web Mail at: http://usc.edu/office365 using your USC user ID and password.
2. Click the “Gear” icon then select the “Options”.
3. Under the Forwarding section, type your email address in the box.
4. Check “Start forwarding”.
5. Leave “Keep a copy of forwarded messages” unchecked so copies of emails are not left in your USC Web Mail inbox. If this option is left checked, your inbox could fill up and prevent you from receiving inbound emails.
6. Click “Save” then logout; close your browser.
USC Office365 IMAP Settings
Server name: outlook.office365.com
Encryption method: SSL
Server name: smtp.office365.com
Encryption method: TLS